If like Jamie, you’re going crazy at home during lockdown, we encourage you to have a go at making these tasty little numbers.
We’re bringing you a whole new batch of recipes made using our real fruit fizzy drinks and by your favourite food and drink idols.
Jamie smashed our recipe challenge, using our Fizzy Rhubarb Soda to create these banging pork burgers with homemade rhubarb ketchup!
Jamie Coleman is head chef of The Beach At Bude Hotel. He has an impressive CV, previously working with Gordon Ramsay, Michael Caines and Mark Dodson. Jamie has also showcased his talents on Masterchef The Professionals and in 2016 he was crowned South West Chef Of The Year.
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 1 onion
- 1 red chilli
- 400g tinned rhubarb
- 330ml Dalston’s Fizzy Rhubarb Soda
- 1 stem ginger
- 500g pork mince
- 100g spring onion
- 30g Granny Smith apple
- 20g chopped parsley
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper
- Chop the ingredients for beetroot and rhubarb ketchup
- Place all in a pan and cook for 15 minutes
- Blend till smooth
- Leave ketchup to cool
- Mix the ingredients for the burgers
- Use hands to make into patties and fry for a 5 mins on each side.
- Assemble your burgers with your favourite burger bun, a dollop of rhubarb ketchup, lettuce and red onion.